Métsovo, a small traditional town of exquisite beauty with grand mansions and stone-paved streets.
Built in a strategic location amidst the breathtaking setting of the Pindos range, Métsovo is the ideal place to relax, or even enjoy an action-packed holiday!
Pindos ski centres are a hive of outdoor activities, such as downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding!
In the wider area, experience a pure adrenaline rush: hike marked trails, go for kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking, and follow mountain routes riding off-road!
Spend a romantic evening visiting the Averoff Art Gallery, and tasting traditional culinary delights accompanied with fine local wine!
- The church of Aghia Paraskevi (15th century).
- The statue of Evangelos Averof.
- The Evangelos Averof Gallery, which contains paintings and sculptures by famous Greek artists.
- The Michail Tositsa mansion, which houses the Museum of Popular Art.
- The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, with the frescos by painter Efstathios, from the 17th century.
- The “Diaselo” Convention Centre. Metsovo has an exceptionally organized infrastructure for conference organization and periodic exhibitions.
- The Averof distillery.
- The Averof Garden, with the church of Aghios Georgios.
- The Monastery of Panagia (17th century), with the renovated water mill Gina.
- The dam and artificial lake of the Aoos springs.
- The village of Anthohori, 13 km. SW, with its Museum of hydrokinetics.
- The Pindos ski resorts, at “Karakoli”, “Profitis Ilias” and “Zigos”.
See more: http://www.metsovo.gr